This slow cooker delicious turkey stew is full of nutritious ingredients that are weight-watchers-friendly like turkey, healthy spices and vegetables, which are sources of lean protein and fibre . And it has 4 weight watchers smartpoints.
Slow cooker or crockpot is very appropriate because the slowness of slow cooking combines and softens the ingredients for enhanced flavor.
Another advantage of using slow cooker in this delicious turkey stew is that it give you the flexibility of cooking and attending to other needs like relaxing and enjoying a cherished moments while still cooking a delicious meal, and it is a very handy appliance to own.
A recipe for turkey stew made in a crock pot or slow cooker. This turkey stew has a light stock and is filled with turkey, carrots, onions, potatoes, garlic, and fresh herbs.
Also cooking the turkey stew with the skin on also coats the turkey with more flavors. So the choice is now yours to decide if you would remove silver skin or not before cooking.
This delicious turkey stew is one of the best dishes for weight watchers, because they make you feel full, and the weight loss friendly rich ingredients are: peas, that have a high content of nutrients, fiber and antioxidants, and potatoes that has complex carbohydrates, they both are good when it comes to weight loss.
The turkey stew also is pocket friendly because you can get one pound or less at $1.50.
Delicious Slow Cooker Turkey Stew
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cupfuls of chicken stock (fat free, low sodium)
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can fire roasted tomatoes
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 2 cupfuls (cooked) leftover turkey or chicken cubes
- The first step is to put together all the above ingredients, with the exception of turkey to the slow cooker, stir gently to blend.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours or until carrots are tender, then add the leftover turkey to the other ingredients, in the slow cooker for the last 30 minutes of cooking time and cook until warmed through.